Roundthorn Country Hotel - New Hotel Curtains, Bedding and Upholstery
Set in its own grounds, Roundthorn Country House Hotel is a Grade II listed Georgian mansion with panoramic views of the Eden Valley, Pennines and Lakeland Fells.
After completing a successful 8 bedroom conversion in 2017, Skopos were asked in 2022 to provide flame retardant soft furnishings to a number of bedrooms in the hotel. We worked closely with the hotel management team and interior designer Kate Longworth at Encanto Design, Kirkby Lonsdale, to select fabrics for curtains, voiles, pelmets, head boards, foot throws, upholstery fabrics and scatter cushions.
Each room was given its own defined character and unique interior scheme. Schemes combined exotic prints with sumptuous textures and plains. Coconut Cove, a quirky exotic print from the Mau Loa collection, was used with cool blues and natural tones to create a tranquil and relaxing interior in one room.
Headboards using Palmyra print on Capa upholstery base-cloth provided a bold, beautiful design along with practical attributes: waterproof, antimicrobial and soil resist protection. Subtle wool look upholstery fabrics from the Herriot collection also give the same functional solution.
Splashes of luxury came with velvet throws and scatter cushions from Skopos’ multi-use Dove velvet collection and silk-look Tarim fabrics. Muted natural tones of the Farne wool look collection ensured a cosy feel to curtains and throws.
Curtains for the public areas were supplied from Skopos’ blackout Luna collection.
Upholstery fabrics were supplied from Skopos Chamonix, Herriot, Moritz and Amaze collections.
Skopos undertook site surveys and supplied finished curtains, pelmets and throws and scatter cushions to many of the hotel bedrooms. Encanto also supplied finishing touches to bring the rooms together and Skopos upholstery materials were upholstered by local re-upholstery specialists.
Our own teams of qualified fitters were used to install the pelmets and curtains to all bedrooms.
Benefits of Using Skopos
· Full service offer—including make-up and installation.
· Quality control throughout the project.
· Skopos can supply fabric on the roll or offer our full service depending on the needs of the project.
· All Skopos fabrics are designed for high traffic contract areas.
· Full understanding of project needs.
· Any project, large or small, will be given full attention.
· Products all Flame Retardant - complying with contract standards.
· Wide choice of base-cloths for print, ranging from blackout velvet, through to various upholstery fabrics.